Monday, December 26, 2011

Mini PB-Choco Cheesecake Bites!

This past weekend we all did a lot of partying, drinking, talking and of course eating. I for one, love the holidays and love food. So I've been uber happy since Halloween when I started eating non stop. I only recently began to like cream cheese, before, it kind of really grossed me out; like gag reflex gross.

Ingredients: 2 pacakages 8 oz cream cheese
                  6 oz or half a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
                  2 or 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
                  1/4 of a tofu square
                  Oreo cookies
                  1/3 cup of sugar
                  1(or 2) teaspoons Vanilla extract
                  1 teaspoon baking powder
               

This weekend my friends and I had our holiday Christmas get together and I decided to make chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. I have made this one before http://www.noveleats.com/dessert/vegan-peanut-butter-chocolate-cheesecake/ and absolutely loved it! Now that I don't mind cream cheese, I decided to use a basic recipe and I didn't have to make a trip to whole foods at all. However, I still used some tofu in place of the eggs though and some flax seed along with a pinch of baking powder. This a friendly recipe for lacto-vegetarians and everyone! (except vegans- sorry)


Being lazy I wanted to make little bite size portions that would be fun, tasty and easy on the waist. I used Oreos as the crust. I split them in half so some of the mini bites would have the cream and some would not. I divided the cheesecake batter in half. I melted half a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and added it to one half of the batter and added about 2 big tablespoons of peanut butter to the other half of the batter and mixed them.

Second layer
First layer








Apparently I am not good at gauging what half is because I had more chocolate batter than peanut butter batter. I layered the batter. First with chocolate then added the peanut batter over it and vice versa. 

Mon Mon loving the mini pb-choco cheesecake bites!
My face can't process the yummyness yet




I baked them for about 23 minutes at 325 degrees and let them cool maybe 15-30 minutes before I shoved them in the fridge to set. I ate one 2 hours later and it was yummy. I think mini is the way to go, they spent less time in the oven and less time in the fridge to set and less time to get in my belly!










Hope you guys try and make these! Super fast and tasty!

-Elle
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment