Sunday, December 4, 2011

Violent Lips Lip Tattoo Review

Hey guys this is Ohh, from elle & ohh, doing our first blog review on a product.  I'm going to give you guys my opinion on the Violent Lips temporary lip tattoos. 

So, to start off, I want to let you know that these lip tattoos are sold through Violent Lips and through Sephora.  They run from $9.99 to $14.95 depending on the print.  Most packages include three applications.  I ordered these on Violent Lips's Black Friday sale (they offered 50% off your purchase and free shipping).   I only ordered the package called Red Glitterati which retails for $14.95 and I paid around $7.50.  These lip tattoos were delivered to me in about six days including the weekend. 

So here is what I received in the package:


The package includes three lip applications and a postcard with the pictures of some of the available lip tattoos.  On the back of the post card you can find the instructions on how to use Violent Lips.

I read through the instructions but this video is really what helped me figure out how these tattoos are supposed to be used. 

;

They make it looks sooooo EASY!

This is what I looked like trying to get my tattoo on my lip after I trimmed it:


Not fun.

The next problem I encountered with these tattoos was that my fingers were a little wet from the cotton ball that is supposed to wet the paper, so when I tried to remove the clear film to apply the tattoo, the glitter actually got stuck to my finger and started stretching and peeling off.  I tried to grab it from another area and that also got stuck to my finger, it was a disaster.  Once I managed to apply the lip tattoo on my actual lip it looked so horrible, here's a pic:


As you can see that is NOT attractive!

The lip tattoos feel as if you had painted your lips with acrylic paint, not that I ever have! But you know how it dries all plastic-y? It feels like that, kind of like glue on your lips... It's not completely horrible though, I can live with it.


So, I removed it and tried again with the bottom lip sticker and attempted to put it on the top lip again.  Unsuccessfully.


I had seen reviews on YouTube were girls would fix the little mistakes with lip liner or lipstick.  I tried doing that... it didn't really work. Ha!

I asked my husband if he thought it would look weird if I went out with just the top lip and we both agreed that wasn't a good idea.  So I tried to remove the sticker on our way to the venue and this time it was really hard to take off.  It also hurt a lot.  

I'm willing to give these another chance, you learn from mistakes, right?

Next time, I plan on sizing both top and bottom before wetting the cotton ball.  
Also, I'm going to try not to stretch out my mouth so wide, it makes the lip look really wrinkled.  That also probably means the lip tattoos need to be trimmed more next time. 

So far, my thoughts on these lip tattoos are buy them to try them if they're on sale.  Right now Violent Lips is offering 20% off your order and free shipping with code 20VXL (couldn't find an expiration date). Try them for the first time during a time when you wont be counting on them, in case you fail like I did. 

I promise to update you guys when I try again with these tattoos.


Thank you for reading!
-ohh <3

(ah! and sorry for the crappy quality of the pictures, working on getting a cool camera soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment